Sunday, 3 August 2008

A Spreader of Good News


'Jesus did not let him, but said, "Go home to your family and tell them how much the Lord has done for you, and how he has had mercy on you."' Mark 5v19


I wonder if any of you reading this have ever felt really excited about God's new creation - last week at camp, I was reminded all about it, from the talks we all had in the morning and evening, to the group Bible studies I had just before bed with the other girls in my dorm, to my conversations with other people. I'm really looking forward to what Jesus promises us in Revelation 21 - a place with 'no more death or mourning or crying or pain'.


Though it's great I'm thinking like this, I often forget that it's now my duty to tell as many people about what Jesus has done for me.


I don't mean just telling people that I go to church and read my Bible and pray (which is what I usually do), but also, if they let me (as I can never usually get a word in edgeways when I'm speaking to people), talk about my personal experiences and relationship with Jesus I've had and have and will have.


I realised at camp and recently over the past few weeks how God has been so faithful to me, ever since I prayed my first sincere prayer to Him when I was eleven. I've been through a lot, and even though I've felt like giving up at some points, as the world's reaction to Jesus ain't pretty, I know that Jesus has been drawing me back to Him and holding me close throughout.


He is truly amazing and He's done so much for you and me, that it would be a waste not to.


So that's my goal from now on - as well as being an encourager, I want to be a spreader of the Message, the Good News, with the help of the Holy Spirit inside me.

No comments: