Friday, 1 February 2008

More Than Conquerors (Romans 8v23)

‘And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.’
Romans 8 v 28


Looking back on my journey with Christ, starting at the beginning of the autumn half term of 2003 to be precise, I’ve realised I have endured a lot through trusting the Lord these past few years.

Okay, I may not have endured as much as other people do or for as long, but for me there were definitely hard times when I felt like giving up completely.

In times of struggle, I looked in the index in the back of my Bible, found this verse and tried to comprehend how it made anything better at all. It was only recently when I was given this verse again and it was explained to me, I understand how encouraging it is.

Remembering experiences which shook me to the core and problems that seemed too large to overcome, I realised I went through those trials for a reason – as a consequence it helps us grow: in our relationship with God through prayer, spiritually in patience and perseverance and in our trust and faith in God and His plans for us.

You who are reading this may be going through some really hard situations at the moment and this verse may or may not be helpful/encouraging, but for those who want to praise God for what He’s done throughout our lives, this is a great foundation to start, as it reminds us that there is a reason why everything happens and that good things come out of everything bad that happens to us - a great encouragement to hold on to.

‘Blessed are those whose strength is in you, who have set their hearts on a pilgrimage…They go from strength to strength, till each appears before God in Zion… O LORD Almighty, blessed is the man who trusts in you.’
Psalm 84 vv 5, 7 & 12


God bless,
Imogen xox

No comments: