Thursday, 1 November 2007

Now it's your turn!

If you are interested in writing a message that I can post on my blog (under your name) to also encourage others who are Christians, please feel free to get in touch. If you find this way too daunting or are very busy and don't have much time, please don't feel pressured.. it's just an idea I had. I know some of you already have blogs and that's great, please tell me about them so I can link them to my website.

If you're considering writing a message, I don't really want to restrict you by giving guidelines, but here are some things that I think about when writing, that I've learnt over the last year...

  • Is it encouraging? (vitally important!)
  • Are you using the Bible to back up what you're saying?
  • How long is it? (If it's too long, most people may not want to read it.. I recommend it being max 400 words long)
  • Is it easy to read? (Some people may not like reading long complicated ideas, or if it's in text talk having to work out what it says is also quite time consuming - think clearly, think simple)
  • Are you aiming it at a specific age group or people of all ages? (My messages are designed for anyone to read, so when you refer to examples, think of things that many people will have heard of or assume your reader above 9 years old)


As I said earlier you don't have to write one if you don't want to, it's just an idea..

No comments: