Saturday, 23 June 2007

Fainting

I just want to write about the weirdest thing that happened to me on Tuesday. Half of my year at school were sitting in the library and listening to a talk by a psyciatrist who had come in to talk to us about eating disorders and self harming. I'm not sure if it was the fact that it was a very hot day (though the air conditioning was on) or the subject of people chucking up their food made me feel a bit sick, but I blacked out and a few minutes before I came back round I heard this weird big band type music in my head. According to the girls there, I started thrashing around, hit my head on the chair in front of me, collapsed on to my friend next to me, rolled my eyes a lot and then came back. People said it was one of the most frightening things they had seen and one person was so alarmed she almost called 999. When I came back, everyone swam into view, I could hear the voices of people around me saying my name and asking if I was okay and I felt a rush of cold sweep over me, and I got pins and needles all over my body. I felt the strangest I had ever done in my life, tried to stand up and went bright green (like Shrek the psyciatrist had told the others after I was taken to the nurse). Thankfully I was taken to the nurses office and I lay down again, till I heard someone come in saying that someone else had fainted and had also turned bright green. When the end of school bell rang and I came back to my desk to collect my stuff, my class mates told me what had happened.
But nothing like that has ever happened to me before, and I now wonder after this incident if I have epilepsy, though I didn't see any flashing lights at all like you're supposed to. I'm completley fine now, but so many people have come up to me this week at school and have asked if I'm better now, and I realise I must have freaked so many people out, as its spread around the school. So yeah, that's what happened, probably one of the scariest things that's happened to me ever. I heard the psychiatrist said afterwards that I looked ill and pale when I came in, but I don't think that's true, as I always look pale.. she was probably pretending she had heinsight about what happened so she could be a Cassandra like figure and say afterwards, 'I knew she was going to faint!! I warned you!'
Anyway, hopefully it won't happen again, ever. Just thought I'd write about it before I make stuff up about what happened to make it sound more interesting/scary/chilling/weird etc.

No comments: