Wednesday, 7 February 2007

Don't worry

Well, the duet I have to do is over... the actually performance wasn't very good, it could have been a lot better, but I'm really thankful because we were able to practice it loads before hand. It was a lot better than I thought it was going to be on Friday, when I was worrying so much about it.
But the thing is the whole weekend, I was trying to forget about the duet but I kept on worrying about it, so much that I was crying. On Sunday morning, I asked everyone at Distinctive if they could pray for me. I felt a bit better, but still was worried about it. I went to church in the evening and I heard our minister Liam Goligher ( one guy with sermons that can blow your mind...seriously, anyway on with what happened...) and conincidently, he did a sermon on worry, and why we shouldn't worry. I then realised that I was forgetting about God and had forgotten that he was in control, of everything. I realised I need to trust him and cast all my worry on him and realise that I couldn't do anything as only He knows what will happen. I went home and when I went to sleep, I felt at peace. Today, when I was in lessons and I realised there was nothing I could do at that moment, I didn't worry... I almost forget I was going to be performing it. I've pinned up a verse about worry now, actually two above my bed where I can see them.
'Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life ?' Luke 12 v 25
'Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.' Matthew 6 v 34
If you're reading this, please pray for me tomorrow, because I have to a debate on abortion, and I have to argue that it is wrong... I really want God to shine through what I'm saying... and it would be really nice to get an A too!
Don't worry... trust in God, he's in control!
Imogen xxx

No comments: