Sunday, 18 February 2007

By grace

Still have a sore throat and have basically lost my voice... but in doing so, I've been able to listen to stuff, instead of singing along when I don't need to. It's not as bad as I thought...it's quite disciplining actually.
Here's a poem I wrote (not v. good) and it sums up how I'm actually feeling about it all and is based on Ephesians 2 v 1-10..

I've lost my voice
I cannot speak
These coughs and colds
Aren't good for me
But I want to sing, because you are holy
And so all of Earth will hear of your glory

My singing does not bring me closer to You
You love us all the same
Nothing I can do will earn your grace
Except believe in you
And what you did for me
Let yourself be pinned to a tree

For once I'm silent
It's good for me
I can be still and know you are the Lord
I know you will cure me, you always heal
I'll listen to your voice and what you are saying

My talking does not bring me closer to you
You love us all the same
Nothing I can do will earn your grace
Except believe in you
And what you did for me
Let yourself be pinned to a tree

By your grace we are saved
By your blood we are redeemed
For your love has rescued me
And from sin now I am free

Nothing I do brings me any closer to You
You love us all the same
Nothing I can do will earn your grace
Except believe in You
And what you did for me
Let yourself be pinned to a tree
You saved me

I know that God will heal me and that I'll soon be back to normal. Hope everyone reading this has a great half term, or had a great half term.. (if you did lol)

No comments: